Friday, March 21, 2014

Cast in Shadow- Part 1

 

CiShadow

I had promised this to ya’ll last week, sadly little things got in the way. Like the book having gone missing and the local library having the book out until today.

I’m only halfway through, so one of two things is going to happen. Option a) I’m going to find something else I want to draw/ add jewelry to and next week there’s going to be a “Cast in Shadow- Part II”.

Option b) I’m not going to find anything else I want to add or draw, and then we’ll move on to the next book in the series which is Cast in Courtlight. That one is guaranteed to have tons of jewelry in it. For reasons you will see later Open-mouthed smile 

As for the two pieces you see above, allow me to explain.

On the right, you have Kaylin Neya’s bracer, which contains and protects her. Next to it you’ve got the opening sequence, which she has to use to put it on, and does so with great reluctance.

Then next to that is a necklace I designed… sort of to go with it?

On page 87(ish) Kaylin finds herself in gown, much to her chagrin. I won’t explain beyond that, in the event that you choose to go read the book (which I highly suggest. Go, shoo, I’ll still be here when you’re done reading it.) Anyway, while she was in the dress, I wondered what type of jewelry would go with it. I decided to create a necklace, rather than another bracelet, to balance her a bit, and hopefully to draw attention away from the bracer….While that is admittedly unlikely, it’s still worth a shot. Please bear in mind, this is my first attempt at color illustration of jewels, I’ll get better with time Open-mouthed smile 

Like the designs? Curious about the book? Enjoy the book and want to talk about it? Comment below! Open-mouthed smile 

See ya’ll next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment