Monday, June 9, 2014

Dream Team: Tool Edition

Everyone has their wish list right? That list of tools that you're dying to save up enough for, but pesky stuff always gets in the way, like food and rent?
Well, here's mine.
Tools I Can Use Right Now

 
While I don't have the thicker gauges of metal, I have started experimenting with chasing and repousse. While technically this is a dapping set, meant for doming different shapes, I have also seen others use dapping tools for repousse. I'd be happy doing both. :) (not to mention you can also use it for polymer clay work.)

I admit, this one I'm sort of drooling over. A stepped bracelet mandrel, plus a tang for keeping it steady. =makes grabby hands= I've started drawing more bracelet designs, in wire, but I can't make them yet, because they need forming and a hard surface to hammer them on. :( This would solve that problem :D That, and for making polymer clay bracelets as well. ^^

 
While this set isn't my ideal set (since it jumps from 220 to 1,500 grit with nothing in between) it is still definitely on my list, because sandpaper is important.

 
Hammers! :D A jeweler’s best friends are her hammers. I love this set, because it has one that I do have (the chasing hammer, but you can never have to many of those) and all the others I don't. ^^

 
While this one does say it's for wax carving, I'd be re-purposing these towards polymer clay and metal clay carving.

 
When working with wire, the smoother your cut, the better. Hence why I want a pair of super flush cutters. I have two pairs and both are wearing out thanks to all the use they get, these would fix that.

 
Is there any reason why someone would /not/ want a third hand? I honestly can't think of any. And on a heavy base. <3

 
=sighs dreamily= This would be heaven to own. Not to mention making it so much easier to do  mokume gane work, and other delicate polymer clay designs.
Tools I Need More Supplies For

 
Having a disc cutter means (in the short run) cleaner and more precise discs. It can also mean templates for polymer clay, metal clay, and making crescents of various sizes. I'm sure there's more that I'm missing, but I'm short on sleep right now, XD.

 
Do I really need to explain this one? While I don't have the set up atm to start doing bezel setting, there are a few pieces that are building up in my head that I want to try it with.
* disclaimer I'm linking back to the different sites because they happen to have the tool I was looking for, with an image I can copy, not because I'm getting paid by them. Sadly.
 
So ladies and gents, what are some tools you’re drooling to get your hands on?
List’em in the comments below.














































No comments:

Post a Comment