Thursday, June 5, 2014

Wire Crochet: Round One

A while ago I stumbled across this great tutorial for learning how to crochet with wire. It makes it look so easy, and I already had some ideas on how I could use the technique for jewelry. Before we dig into what I learned though, here' are a few reasons I wanted to learn.

 

 

I will say that the tutorial is deceptively simple. It's thorough and easy to follow, which I love. It’s a simple matter of hook, twist and pull.  There were two things that weren't addressed though which left me frustrated.

The first is that when you try to pull the wire through the loop, it has a tendency to slip away. It gets away from the hook, and doesn't want to come back. I think this one can be fixed with practice, although I'm not certain yet.

The second is that unless you're lucky, the holes seem to vary  in both size and level of kink. I want to say this can be fixed with practice, but I'm just not sure. Despite hunting all over the internet, I had no luck finding someone who could answer these questions for me. I suppose I"ll have to keep practicing, and put together a trouble shooting guide on my own for everyone else. (I can't be the only one having these problems right?)

No comments:

Post a Comment