Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Design This! 5: Avengers

Welcome everyone to this fortnight's Design This challenge :D
Last time the goal was to design something around The wicked sea witch Ursula. My pieces had me dreaming of the sea and the chance to cool off, that's for certain.

The heat and humidity are ramping up by me, and day dreaming about pieces that spoke of Ursula was a treat.  I ended up running with the idea of tentacles. It featured in several pieces, all primarily made of polymer clay. I tried testing out a mokume gane blend on the bottom, but it just did not work the way I had hoped it might. I guess I'll have to leave that work for on the bench.
I can also say that for the first time, I will have one of the pieces from my designs up in the shop, for those that are interested this Friday. It'll be the piece in the center, crafted from polymer clay and copper.
This fortnight's challege is.... the Avengers! Inspired by this lovely series by kelseymichele over on deviantart, I figured we could give this a shot as well. You can either design around one Avenger, do a group piece, or shoot for one for each team member. Personally, that last option is what I'm going for.

Black Widow



Thor

Hawkeye

Captain America

Ironman
The Hulk





Agent Phil Coulson
And Bonus!

Loki.
If you want to join in on this fortnight’s challenge, just post your work here, in the comments below, and I’ll show my designs in next fortnight’s challenge. Open-mouthed smile 
 










No comments:

Post a Comment