Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Design This! 3

Starting off, I need to apologize to ya'll. I had it pointed out to me that I wasn't very clear in what the goal for the last DesignThis was. That is totally my fault, and I'll try and keep it in mind in the future.
What I was thinking: I wanted all of us to be able to have 151 different options.  You'd pick one or two and design around them.
What I ended up with: You had to design 151 pieces.
Yeah... that is SO not what I was going for XD. So, again, my apologies for that.
I chose to focus on these 5 pokemon.  2 of them are in a 'family' together you could say, and the other 3 are just random ones I really like the design of.
So, here are the five pokemon I picked to work with.
       Meowth  & Persian
  Victreebel
Vulpix
Dodrio
And here are the designs I came up with.
DT3
For Victreebel, I really liked the leaf shape, and the roots. So I started thinking about how roots go all over the place and are unpredictable with no pattern.  Which is what led to the wrapping. The leaf would be enameled.
Dodrio, it should be sort of obvious, I was amused by the arrow type feathers on their heads, and came up with a sort of modern pin or pendant design.
For Vulpix, this was always a favorite of mine, it's just too cute! So that cuteness is what worked into the design, a very light, swirly silver pattern, with what's supposed to be an enamel center piece.
Our last two, are Meowth and Persian. Comparing it to the others, it's a rather simple design, but it's got a bit of a story behind it. In the show (when I was growing up at least) Meowth always wanted to grow up and be a Persian and get pampered by his boss. So the 'title' for that piece, were I ever to make it would be Meowth's Dream.
So for this fortnight's character, we've done Tv, and video games, how about a book? This fortnight's character is, drumroll please....



Smaug!
For extra info consider this page.
Good luck with your designs this fortnight, I can't wait to see what y'all come up with ^^.
** The art is NOT mine. I’m not claiming it. And if you’re the artist and you want me to take it down, please let me know, I’d be happy to.
***** Just because I laughed so hard when I found this, I’m sharing this snippet off tumblr regarding Smaug & Benedict Cumberbatch. Hope you laugh as much as I did!

























No comments:

Post a Comment