Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Treasury Post: April Fool’s!

 
4114
So while I know that I'm a bit late to do this, I put together a jewelry treasury based (mostly) around the April Fool's holiday. It seems that it's celebrated primarily in Europe, and has connections to several other feasts, including the Feast of Fools. Along with these concepts I found out that in Europe a common phrase is "April Fish!" and although I don't fully get that, it did influence the pieces I chose for this treasury.

I love how GoddessOfJewelry takes something so simple and makes it both funny and kind of chic.

This fish by acteon is really cool, and I find the reverse interesting. Kind of makes me think of having the fish whole looking on one side, only to turn it over and find it's only skin and bones.
These next two, although done by completely different artists, start from the same basis and I loved them just for that. They both use pyrite or 'fool's gold' and I've got to admit they would make a terrific joke on someone.

A necklace of the natural stone by WindustDesigns .

A ring of the same, by Prisonher.

This piece coming from ratherpoetic, is for those with a more wordy disposition. Or if you want to warn people that whoever you give it to is known for being a joker. ;)

 
Another joker by MarinaPendants this time beautifully painted on a highly polished slab of agate.

This beautiful bracelet is by karamboola, the ministry of silly walks!
 

Ooohhhh, ahhh. An imaginary wood ring! One of the rarest types of woods in the world! ;) Made by the extremely talented IanGill .

While the humor for this one is a little darker than the rest, it's certainly fits right in made by OoakCraftsShop

While possibly one of the oldest 'jokes' around, this one is still a classic,, made by BooBooAndTed.

For those of a more intellectual bent, this pendant by TarryTiles is perfect fit.

 
If you're always wishing for Canary Cremes, this necklace by CircleTreasures might be for you. 

I can't think how many people would squirm at this, making it a good practical joke.  Created by lepetitebonbon.

Do you have a friend that is perpetually distracted? These earrings by JoyceAlice2 might be a good fit then.

By PrettyLittleLincolns.  (I didn't know what to say for this one, any thoughts?)


If I'm looking for silly or unsual jewelry, I think this one by LiciaBeads takes the cake.
Did you like this treasury? Have ideas for future themes? Feel free to comment below!






































No comments:

Post a Comment