Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Design This!

I don't know if that title will stick around, I might change it to something different, for these posts, if any of ya'll have suggestions, please feel free to suggest them below :D
So, our last challenge was Jafar, and while I can't say that anyone submitted anything, a lot of you did come and check out the post. Thank you :D.
This is what I came up with for jewelry regarding Jafar.

I admit, a good bit of it would be covered in the usual all covering garb that he has, but I can't imagine that he's /always/ wearing that. Surely there must  be times when he's going sleeveless or something. So I started thinking about things that would be Jafar like. Working with his love of snakes was easy. I also tried out something new and tried adding different metals in, because although he's the Sultan's Vizir (think chief advisor) I don't see him wearing much gold. I see him more in bronze or maybe a silver/copper alloy. He would have a signet ring of some sort, for official seals and the like. Most likely carved from turquoise, since it was supposed to be a protective stone.
I can also easily see him wearing an armlet. However the last piece that came to mind for me was a medallion. I did a little digging, and with the magic and concepts that Jafar used in the Disney movie, he probably would've had some sort of heavy medallion that he would identify himself with to other alchemists.
This next fortnight's challenge is, drumroll please, Pokemon! I wanted something with a little more color variation, and design option for this one, so for this challenge, you can use the first 151 pokemon. There's a ton of artwork all over the net, and way too many pokemon. So, in the event that you don't know a thing about them, I've got links and images to help out :D.
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Pok%C3%A9mon_by_Kanto_Pok%C3%A9dex_number < A listing of all the pokemon (with little images next to each one. This is one to go to if you want to really learn more about the specific pokemon.)
http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2011/060/2/6/kanto_pokemon_roster_by_petsu_chan-d3aop1d.jpg  < This is a visual listing of all of them, with names in English & Japanese, and could be used if all you want is the name and what they look like.
And my last link, well. Not really a link. XD Just a tip. Once you've picked a pokemon you want to do a design/piece around, go to either Google(Google.com )  or Deviantart (http://www.deviantart.com/) .
Just make sure you have the maturity filter on, because some pieces of art people do are not going to be relevant XD.









No comments:

Post a Comment