Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Count it All to Joy

At my church, there's a saying that we use a lot. "Count it all to joy."


This past week I bought three packages of polymer clay.  They were dry and crumbly, falling to bits in my hands after opening the packages. I wanted to get angry. I really, really wanted to.* When I was staring at my first ever batch of polymer, and seeing how dried out and crumbly it was, that phrase popped into my head.


I think this phrase could apply in daily life, regardless of personal philosoph. The good things and the bad things, if you try and find a way to look at them for their positive aspects.  So after stepping away from the desk and doing a bit of research on how to fix the problem (which I'll cover in our next post) I looked for the good things about it.


Sure, I couldn't immediately start making my pendants....But, I did get to get messy and really give my hands a work out. I got to learn something now, rather than down the road when I'm working on a deadline. I found that I kinda like reconditioning clay, and I might even like doing it with all of the clay I buy.


I couldn't have done that though if I hadn't chosen to look at it that way. I would've been angry and upset and grrrroar and I wouldn't have been laughing like a kid making a mess. So..I guess that's another step in learning and being a better crafter?

* (I won't say what brand, 'cause I don't really think it was the brand's fault.)

What about you? What could you to 'count to joy' and change your perspective?

No comments:

Post a Comment