Monday, February 24, 2014

Perils of Polymer Clay! =dramatic music=

At the  beginning of the month I came up with a really cool idea for a series of pendants that I'd like to do. The problem was, I couldn't make them in paper or wire. Oh no! What's a girl to do? I went hunting all over the net and found something new. Something that would give me the look I wanted, and (BONUS!) could let me use the alcohol inks I'd made up. What is it you ask? Ok, you're probably not asking if you read the title to the post. It's polymer clay! :D

But as I lay in my bed last week, doing research (pretty much the only thing I could do) I found all sorts of scary things. Crumbly clay. Conditioning. Half cured clay. Accidentally over-softening clay. Canes! Trouble with baking. The list goes on and on! Was I even going to be able to use this lovely medium, or would it scare me off before I could?

But then I bought some...and while I did have to recondition the clay..guys I think I'm in love. I'll talk more about it over the next week. ;) Feel free to share some of your horror stories in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment