Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Spring Hasn’t Sprung Just Yet

 

For those of us in the Northern Hemisphere, winter has been crazy this year, and it isn’t done with us yet. Since that’s the case, I put together a list of all sorts of plant themed things for around the home or office, to try and brighten things up a little.  They don’t need water or soil and bonus they look pretty! Some of it’s jewelry, some of it isn’t but for what isn’t, just consider it inspiration for things that could be. Winking smile 

 

First up, the picture that inspired this whole idea by AlwaysAprilAlayne.
I love how thick his beard looks, and the delicate shading she used.

If hirsute men and flowers are not your thing, try this:  A reprint of a botanical sketch by Herman Kohler. FleurDeNature has several others in her shop other than this lovely poppy. (I picked the poppy because it’s just so vibrant.)

 

 

I’m always moving or fiddling with things so this ring really appeals to me. On top of that, it’s beautifully  textured and oxidized. While artisanlook does have many other stunning rings (many of them just as mobile) this one is my favorite. ^^

This organic plate set from JustMare would more than likely end up in my studio rather than my kitchen were I to order it. I love looking at botanical sketches, there’s so much you can come up with from them. Open-mouthed smile I also really like the speckled texture.

 

Some people, like my sister B, get very grumpy and despondent during the winter. Looking at this, I think would be a great way to carry spring around everywhere, all year long, right? From StudioBotanica

 

If you’d rather decorate with something a little more textured, try this out. From sometimesiswirl.

 

 

I don’t know about anyone else, but I love to nap. However, I don’t get to nap much because it’s always too bright in my bedroom during the day. (Thank you south facing windows..) I think this eyemask from SwoonCashmere with it’s pretty flowers and silk band would help. What do ya’ll think?

When looking up botanical things for the home, I found these. And I died laughing. I love the juxtaposition of the fancy dress (circa what 1890’s give or take?)  mixed with the vibrant veggie heads. From PrintLand

 

Getting married this spring? encrestudio

 

This super realistic iris painting from marieburke1 blew my mind when I first saw it. I thought it was an upclose picture at first. Nope, it’s a skillfully done watercolor. Can you believe it?

 

Something to make your office pop this year, a bright and vibrant calendar from MyPaperKittens! Open-mouthed smile (And really? That name is too cute.)

I’ve got family all over the country, and this seems like a great things to send out in the mail to cheer people up. Smile From MemoriesPictures

If you like the botanical prints, but don’t want flowers, this might be more up your alley. Exotic fungi and how they grow. Taken from a book published in Belgium in the 1800’s by AntiqueWallArt.

 

While normally I'm not one for images on my cupcakes, this would change my mind. So simple and already made. By QueenofTartsWafers

By LittleHousePillowCo

 

Made from real dandelions set in resin, this necklace by Safayet, just brings one thing to mind “make a wish!”

 

Like any of the pieces above? Feel free to comment below :D

No comments:

Post a Comment