Friday, March 7, 2014

Chronicles of Elantra

All over the internet, people are constantly looking for inspiration, and where to get new ideas. This includes yours truly. There are some days when   I can't step away from my notebook, for all the designs that are coming to me. And then there are other days when, I can't think of a blessed thing. So when those days happen, I go back to one of my old standbys. Reading, playing a game or watching some tv. Why? Because I get ideas from watching the characters. What personifies them? What would look good with this outfit they're wearing? i ask these things and the ideas start to come, even if they are still slow as molasses. It doesn't matter if I can make the pieces with the supplies I have on hand or not, what matters is that I'm coming up with designs.
Since that's the case, and I'm all for talking about geeky things, I figured I'd do a post every week with whatever I'm reading/playing/watching and the designs that came out of it. Why? Because it's good practice for me, and it could be fun to discuss it with others :D
I wanted to use  one of my favorite book series, the Chronicles of Elantra.
The first book is called Cast in Shadow, and it's a fast paced, head twisting novel that never ceases to amaze me.
(Go ahead and click the picture, you’ll get a great description of the book Open-mouthed smile)
This series is so..complex and layered that I end up finding something new every time I read it again. It's also been so well liked by friends that I've given away the first book three different times. T.T I still need to pick up a new one....
The good news about the series being so complex, is that every time I read it, I can spend some time figuring out new jewelry for the different characters in any given situation. So that'll be the post for next week, this week is just a sort of 'heads up' for something new coming ;). I'll be putting these up once a week, probably on Fridays and see how things go.
What do ya'll think? Sound interesting? Boring? Have some ideas for things I could design for? Comment below!




No comments:

Post a Comment