Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Treasury Post: Fairy Tales Around the World


3142
Doing something a little different for the second treasury post of the month. On writing this, it is the 17th of March, or St. Patrick's Day. For most people this brings to mind leprechauns. Between the resurgence of 'The Disney Princesses' and the show Once Upon A Time, fairy tales are very popular right now. I wanted to do something slightly different,  fairy tales from around the world. Not just your typical Grimms, but others as well.  I have to say, it wasn't hard to find a plethora of ideas and things to include. My issue was narrowing down the list.
This post has a little bit of everything, not just focusing on jewelry but on anything that was made with a fairy tale in mind. Many of these are illustrations used various interesting ways.


First up by CalliopesWork, a pendant with one of my favorite tales as a child, The Gold Ball and the Frog Prince.

Next up by DebiCreations, a stunning pattern for beaded cross stitch. I had to reread the listing when I saw that, it looks like an illustration! This one is instead about the Frog Princess, which is actually quite different from the Frog Prince.

A gorgeous Chinese lantern box by stephaniedworkshop.  She’s given new life to a severely damaged copy of the Arabian Nights.

This gorgeous chess set is made by WinkingBlindBats. Seriously, how cool is that name? And the craftsmanship of the pieces! O.O I swear, one day I’ll own one of their sets. (Although their Alice in Wonderland set has stolen my heart..)

Our next story takes us to Russia and ShanasWoodlandWhimsy’s shop, to find this cute Baba Yaga hut. While the hut does not go running around your yard, it certainly looks like it could doesn’t it?

This set of vintage bookmarks comes from the shop of Raidersofthelostart. I love the Beast one the most.

From the shop of mysunshinevintage, we get a two sided vintage print featuring the Little Mermaid, and The Emperor’s New Clothes.

This cute print comes from Longfellowdesigns. Who doesn’t want to live happily ever after?

From MoonGardenDesigns a lovely antique mermaid necklace.

Up next, a decidedly creepy and lovely print from shawnaerback. The Cheshire in the Moon is very nice touch in my opinion.

This adorably creepy leprechaun out fit is from HenryStMartin. Sadly the zombie is not part of the listing as I had originally though, but she does sell them separately so you could have your own zombie leprechaun! Open-mouthed smile 


We’re heading over to Japan with this lovely print from LaPetiteMascarade. I love the ethereal quality to the piece.

From SarahWoodJewelry a beautiful necklace depicting Arthur Rackham’s illustration of a Selkie.

From 13crowns is actually the item that spawned the idea for this post. A collection of creepy cool nekomimi stickers.  Of all the different ones I”ve seen, I’d have to say I love the kity with the candles on it’s head and the Egyptian kitty the most.

I love this next one from StickitGraphix.

And last but not least, what type of fairy tale list would it be if I didn’t include a dragon? Luckily ValentineEmbroidery has created a lovely one for fleece blankets.
That’s this month’s second treasury post ladies and gents! Feel free to comment below or click on the pictures to go check out the various shops Open-mouthed smile 


No comments:

Post a Comment